Some examples of North Surrey Lion’s projects are:
- Fundraising and collecting donations for the Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Building wheelchair ramps in homes
- Mother’s Day pancake breakfast
- Concession stand at the Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association’s Movies Under The Stars
- Adopt 35 families from the Christmas Bureau every Christmas
- Assist with the Sally Ann Christmas Kettle Program
- Served and/or donated to over 70 charities in 2007
- Participate in Lions Club conventions held 3 times a year, discussing service projects and self-improvement among other topics
The North Surrey Lions Club meet the first and third Tuesday of every month from September to June to discuss upcoming projects and club programs (Projects are still active in July and August). These dinner meetings are held at the Compass Point Inn from 7 pm – 9 pm with fun raffles each meeting. All those who are interested in becoming members are welcome.
If you would like to request the help and services of the North Surrey Lions Club, please do npt hesitate to contact us. Send a letter of request to email@example.com and it will be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors. It will be discussed at the next meeting and the Board will let you know their decision as soon as possible.